Tuesday, Jan. 18th, 2005

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I made it thru yesterday's trip to Hannibal better than I thought I might. It was a long day tho as I woke up at 3 yesterday morning and never did go back to sleep. We left here about 6:30 a.m. Poor Faith had all 23-25 of her teeth pulled. We stopped about 4 times on the way home to re-ice the bags the surgery clinic sent home with her and replace the gauze in her mouth. It is about a 3 hour trip each way. We did stop at a few stores in Columbia-sort of a special shopping place for all of us-to get some things we wanted. None of the shopping trips took more than a few minutes. They seldom go to Columbia for shopping so we made the best of passing thru the town.

I also wanted to see if my favorite pet shop will take some of these little degus. He said to call him on the weekend and see if he has an open cage. If he does, he will take up to 4 of them. I may get stuck with the adult male for the time being. He was my first one so I feel kind of guilty about getting rid of him. However he was suppose to be a female. He and the 3rd one I got get along fine but she is a female and I don't want more litters. None of them will get along with the 2nd one I got so I now have 3 cages. This was suppose to be a communal cage happy-to-be-together little group of 3 but it hasn't turned out that way.

It is suppose to be warmer here today but it hardly feels that way. But it is very crisp outside. Not much wind tho and that is a blessing. I can hardly wait for true spring. Warm dirt to play in, weeds to pull, seeds and plants to put into the beds, daffs, tulips, violets, and many others coloring the landscape and waving in the winds, etc..,

GOD bless & keep each and all of you.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!