Need your help with paint color for walls

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Since we lives in our new house almost a year. Next month will be 1 year for us to live in our new house. The wall color in the house all are the same one color. I got tired of seeing same 1color in the house. I decided to paint kitchen with different color.. guess what color I want.. is RED. After I looked at Gardenwife/Howie's new kitchen remodeled. I love that color. It would be match for my cajun kitchen.. crawfish.. etc. At first I wanted grapevine (purple, green,).. but it got old to me. I want something different. So I want to paint kitchen wall dark red like Burguany/Red.

So I need some of your feedback or opinion.. See my breakfast area in kitchen and living room, the wall are one same color. I dont know how to break the color. There's no line or trim. So do you think I should measure it and put line and paint color on other side and leave other color alone.. See photo. DH said why not paint all red all one wall from kitchen, breakfast to the living room. FOr me no way! lol..

The kitchen sink is the end of the counter and I can see across the living room from there. The wall end there. so I want the red color to stop there before the light switches .. see photos.

Please let me any idea.. I want to paint the wall soon as possible before the man come and instal the window trim and molding etc.. The trim/molding. will be paint color is Antique white.

Thumbnail by MiniSchnuz
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!