Potting soil bag!!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I just recently found Hen with 6 cutest baby chicks.. The Hen that I have posted about.. SHe became Mother of 6 babies chicks that hatched early morning. I almost cried cause they are so cute.. so tiny!

I dont realized that she have been in that potting soil bag which it been sitting on middle of our backyard. SHe have been laying on eggs in that bag for few weeks. I can't believe in my own eyes. I thought she was hide somewhere far away but no she's been right there the whole time. We have been passing that bag several times.. WOW. I cant believe it. No wondering why the roosters was around that bag often.

How I found the Hen well.. I was puzzled why she was sitting next to the bag.. so I decided to walk and check it out.. I noticed baby chick head peek boo under Hen's wing.. I said oh babies.. Lucky, there's the pen nearby.. I tried to move Hen and the baby chick to the pen. She wont.. then i noticed the bag was moving.. I went and checked in the bag and oh there's two more chicks. so I picked them and brought in the pen.. Hen and chicks followed.. Of course, she tried to attack me twice.. of course she's protecting her babies.. I tried to tell her, it's okay and move them in safe pen from my dogs. Finally I got them all in and locked up with water and foods.. Now I can't wait to tell my Dh and the kids what I found. Now I have 9 chickens! LOL

I just wanted to share it with yall! :o)

This message was edited Jan 11, 2005 10:33 PM

Thumbnail by MiniSchnuz
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!