8-Jan-2005 How is everyone doing?

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Onwards - on leaflady's 3 month challenge!

Not bad - down three pounds for the week. Of course this is the honeymoon stage of the diet.

For the upcoming 3 months - my goal is 14 pounds *egads*

So, I am down: 3 of 14 (21%), much more hydrated so I know much of this isn't just water.

Anyone who wants to set a goal and post progress towards the goal, I'm happy to compile and send a chart to participants. Note - this is an entirely optional invite for people who want to set a numeric goal. Entirely, entirely optional since I know most of the folks seems to have more generic goals and didn't set numbers.

If so, please send me:

1) Goal (in pounds - don't send weight)
2) Date started (poking pebble - you ready yet??)
2) Progress to date (what's great here - even if there are people who start late, they can set modest goals and do great)
3) Your email address

This is not a substitute for posts, just a friendly chart for those who are interested.

What went well this week for me!

+ Water, water, water -- I tried something new that worked VERY well. I have a 1.5 litre bottle of water that I fill up in the morning and keep at my desk and it's gone by evening - and I even add a bit during the day. No extra effort to drink it, but since it was there - was easy to take a few gulps during conference calls, at lunch, etc. -- so, having a very large bottle helped me. (just hope the jantorial staff doesn't throw it out)
+ Increased protein - tuna salad and chef salad every day
+ Vitamins
+ Psyllium

What didn't go well this week
- Did not go to the gym - feels almost like a mental block.....I'll fight that one this week. Unfortunately have to travel Thur and Fri - so won't be able to access the gym those days, but maybe Sun - Wed. Wish me luck!
- Snacking a bit at home in the evenings - but, not completely out of control

How's everyone else doing?

This message was edited Jan 8, 2005 9:01 PM

This thread has 67 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!