Ornamental Cabbage and Kale?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, everybody? Just wondering...Whatever happened to all the Ornamental Cabbage and Kale seeds that were sold in Dstartz' Coop? Did everyone get them planted? It was fascinating to me to see the quantities and varieties of seed that were purchased? There must be some pretty interesting winter gardens out there!

Are there any pics of how they turned out? I am interested in planting out some flowering Kale/Cabbages this year now that I realize how many beautiful varieties there are....I suppose I should wait until late summer/fall to plant them out, but I was wondering now how everyone did with all the Coop seeds!!?

Thanks. t.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

p.s. I just happened on these pics of ornamental kale and cabbages http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=1203124 posted by Tomtom in the Container forum.

They are so beautiful and I would love to have these around in late fall and early winter...just wonderful... and the combination is so unusual. I understand ornamental cabbages are quite popular in Asia and originally were introduced from Japan into the States...

There are a few varieties available around here, but I don't think they are used as much as the might be...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.