Wild life from 2004.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

1. Mallard Drake. We commonly see ducks walking across pastures around here. Many are wild Mallards that winter here. No one hunts ducks around here.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

A Cardinal on a Chineese Tallow tree limb. Most Cardinals around here nest in these trees.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

3. King of the hill. Anole.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

4. Smug looking Anole.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

5. Savannah Sparrow at feeder.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

6. Another.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

7. An angry Cottonmouth raises his horns.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

8. Cardinal on old Satellite dish feeder.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

9. Regular visitor.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

10. Green Backed Herron, waiting to eat our goldfish.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

11. Bugs.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

12. Rouans and Wild Mallards in goat pasture.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

13. Duck fight.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

14. The winner.

Thumbnail by trois
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

great shots Trois

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Wonderful shots. It must be wonderful to wake up to this everyday!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks, folks. I sure would hate to live in town again. Things like this keep my morning walk interesting.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2005 7:58 AM

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Lovely birds!!! We have dozens of mallards in the duck pond just about 10 minutes away from my home.

Where does your morning walk take you generally?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That depends on the weather. If the weather is nice, I go around our big pond and down to the Bayou. If a cold North wind is blowing, I walk West because a row of trees on the North side of the road block the wind. The goat and duck pasture are on the South side of this road. This road ends completely less than a half mile from our house. Other times I walk over and visit Boo and Lady. Sometimes I do all of the above. I always see something interesting, but seldom people. Sometimes a Bluejay lands on my head and wants almond slivers or peanuts. It is time to go now. I'm running late today.

trois

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Fabulous pictures. I really enjoyed looking at them. Thanks for posting.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

What a beautiful series of pictures! And of course you have included the obligatory snake! That picture sure jars you awake before the first cup of coffee! LOL
Pati

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm afraid snakes are just a part of life around here. We are used to them now, just careful on warm days.

trois

Modi'in, Israel

Trois, these are just fantastic! Are they all from your walk today???? WOW! The buny looks so sweet....even looks like he's sniffing the flowers LOL. I've never heard of let alone seen a Savannah Sparrow, so thank you for educating me on something new today :-). Very pretty little mottled birds.

-Julie

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

They are a collection from several walks from last year. Bugs did sniff the primrose before deciding to not eat it. Nothing eats primroses, net even goats. We have the Savannah Sparrows come to the feeder all winter along with Goldfinches, many Cardinals and BlueJays. Some days the Redbellied Woodpecker comes and eats sunflower seeds. Inca Doves and Mourning Doves are also daily feeders. If the seeds run low, the Cardinal will rap on the window.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, Trois, the savannah sparrow is a rare one for me. Have never seen it before. Your pics are, al always so great!. We thank you for your time and efforts.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thank you very much. You are welcome.

trois

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

trois, thank you for the wonderful collection of wildlife photos. The anole is so neat. And such an absolutely great closeup of the Savanah sparrow, I don't remember seeing one anywhere around here. There was a cottontail or two here this spring and fall haven't seen any in past week. Coyotes may have gotten it or maybe it is just hunkered down eating my shrubs in the snow. Great photos. Donna

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thank you, Donna.

trois

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.