Let's Post our favorite pictures from this season!Pt 11

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see your pics!

Thumbnail by cceamore
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't believe we're on the 11th thread!! I'm running out of pictures. I will have a load for next winter, though, since I got a digital camera for Christmas! :-)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Trunnels
What is that pretty little pink flower?Congrats on that digital camera!

This message was edited Jan 7, 2005 11:28 PM

Thumbnail by cceamore
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Love the statute, CC! Here's one of mine. That little flower is a Mexican petunia, but BEWARE, they reseed like crazy and become very invasive. LOL

Thumbnail by trunnels
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Here is a magnolia for fsr...

Thumbnail by boojum

Closeup.

Thumbnail by boojum

One more.

Thumbnail by boojum

And the star.

Thumbnail by boojum
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

That's so pretty, Boojum. I've seen that one before but can't remember the name of it. It isn't like the magnolias I've grown up with, though. The ones my mom has are HUGE and stay green most of the time in our zone and have big white flowers on them in the spring and summer.

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh I have that or the tag said it was a mexican Petunia but it looks nothing like that. Isn't that a hoot! I wonder what I got? Mine is tall purple green folliage and blue flowers and at this point looks black crunchy and dead!It froze,I think. Pretty pics Boojum but all yours are!I guess I'll have to jump on the Magnolia Train too!

Thumbnail by cceamore

Thanks cc. I tried posting more but DG wouldn't let me. That happens some nights if I do a series. When they don't appear I start getting paranoid-like I musta posted too many and I'm hogging the thread!

That white one's called a star magnolia. Don't know it's latin offhand. I'll try again to send the closeup again.

Thumbnail by boojum

I'm not a hog, hooray! Here's what I did next on that day.

Thumbnail by boojum

Ah here's the last magnolia shot.

Woops.

Thumbnail by boojum
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

I could not post any i think thread is hot tonight and were all posting at once ??

BTW, nice statues! Is there a full shot of yours, Trunnels?

I guess I take everything MUCH too personally, Tazzy!

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Moby that is pretty.
Well. you guys I am hitting the hay. God bless you guys and good night
Celeste

Thumbnail by cceamore
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Someday I'll have that Magnolia.

Thumbnail by Moby

I believe you!! Post lots of photos!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Me, too, Moby! I bookmarked that page. Says hardy zone 5 to 9. Oh, wow! Thanks for sharing that!

boojum, thanks so much for many beautiful pics! (clapping hands) I can almost smell the fragrance as I gaze at the blooms... takes me back a few years....

night, cc

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The Iris and all the magnolias are sure making me hungery for Spring! Love the angel statue. I got a couple new little angels for Christmas that I'll have to get photos of. Now, since Moby tempted me,I'm going to have to go look at the Wayside Garden site.

Susan

wonderful day lilies that i forgot to write name down on tour of gardens in Columbia Mo.

Thumbnail by tazzy

more and i took lousy pic ,but color was good

Thumbnail by tazzy

I have a talent for cutting off top of pic,

Thumbnail by tazzy

once in a while I get it right ?

Thumbnail by tazzy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Love that first one!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Me too! Beautiful, Tazzy!

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

tazzy I really like #2! Bold!

I vote for #2, too. (too, to, two, tutu)

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Gosh, you all sure are night owls. I forget about the time difference but you're still up a lot later than me!!!

CC I love the color combo of the rose & Clematis! Tazzy I love the DL in pic #1 so pretty! Everyone's magnolias are so pretty, I added 'Jayne' or 'Jane' this summer, it has a very pretty pink/purple bloom but I didn't take any pics : ( gotta do better this summer! A lot of people around here have a light pink one that everyone calls a "tulip magnolia" but they usually bloom early and then get hit by a hard frost and are soooo ugly. Jane is supposed to be a later bloomer, I hope so!

I'm out of pics that haven't been posted somewhere already but I do love looking at everyone's and getting ideas : )

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Tazzy & Moby were up late....they're in my time zone! Wow, gals.....a bit o' insomnia?

Here's the magnolia I got this year. Didn't get it planted though as I was afraid to leave it out this winter as I received it rather late. It's in the basement in it's pot (I think I should pot it up to a larger size though) and under grow lights (well actually at the edge of them). I water it and turn it a half turn every few days to keep it from tilting towards the lights.

I *really* hope this thing is as hardy as advertised....hate to think of all the energy & time I'm putting in to keeping it alive. If it croaks next winter I'll cry. My mom has one here in town so I know they can live here. I'm not sure which one she has though and she's terrible about names....latin or otherwise.

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=47228&PrevMainPage=advsearchresults&OfferCode=R3H

How about another "smelly" one........ I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the peonies. Unknown white.

Thumbnail by langbr
Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

These have to be my favorites only because it combines the two loves - pets and gardening. (I couldn't pick just one, could I?) Notice the fence with the big dog (Shaq) since he loves to lie in the middle of any plants that aren't fenced. Doesn't matter if they're soft or shrubby! He's not picky.

Thumbnail by mickgene
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

White peonies are my favorite Brenda. Can't wait till it's time for the Spring things to start blooming. Here are the 2 garden fairies I got myself for Christmas. Right now they are sitting in my bathroom, but this summer I am going to cover a tree stump with moss and sit them there.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's a close up of the sleeping fairy.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

wow, look what I miss when I'm sleeping! gardenapicsus prolificus!

I love the magnolias. so beautiful...sigh. The star is my favorite because it blooms so early, when the rest of the landscape is still not awake. I will get one someday if I can find room for it!

Wayside has a pale yellow one called sunsation, I think that is pretty and different.

Nice arrangement, too Boojum.
Is that called ikebana?

Tazzy I love the daylillies. can't pick a favorite.

Celeste, is that Amarylis xjohnsonii in your last pic??? I'm getting a little green around the edges as the envy creeps in...

My garden fairy

Thumbnail by oceangirl
Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

And now, for daylilies.

Thumbnail by mickgene
Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Texas-
I noticed a little sidebar in the wayside catalog

"Lilacs for the South"

They recommended
Lavender Lady z 3-8
Blue Skies z 4-9