Animals in Rehab

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

These are some I took at Bush Sancutary and Rehabilitation center in Jupiter Fl a couple of weeks ago

American Kestral

This message was edited Jan 8, 2005 12:16 AM

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

another one

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Adult

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

a Bobwhite

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

a Barn Owl

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

a Barred Owl

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

a Burrowing Owl

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

a Crested Caracara

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

a Great Horned Owl

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Red-tailed Hawks

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Peregrine Falcon

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

2nd shot

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Great shots Donna. I especially like your owl pix.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Great pics Donna.
Bird rehab ers are special folks...
thanks for sharing your pics.

MsC

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Wonderful shots. There's a place in Vt. like this. But no crested caracara. I was very excited to see them upclose and personal in FL. Although I don't think they were as happy to see me. Do they live near you?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

no boojum. It was on Christmas trip to MIL in Jupiter Fl about 11 hrs. away. They had alkinds of animals, even a albino racoon. It was so cute. Also had Bobcats, Fl Panthers, Golden Eagle, American Bald Eagle, Red Shouldered Hawk, and alligators

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

oops forgot to post Swallow-tailed Kite

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

and Mississippi Kite

Thumbnail by DonnaB

I've seen some kites before in the wild, but from far away-they are intense. Love that albino raccoon!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

We have a rehab/preserve like this up in our neck of the woods. It's great to see them so well cared for. You got some beautiful shots...great for IDs too!! We have a couple of Swallow-tail Kites in our neighborhood. We see them soar past but never close enough for a good look like your picture provided! Thanks

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

We have the Swallowtails here to. I see them come over the house in migration and they stay in the woods up the river. Have gotten a couple of fair shot of them flying from the boat which is a real chore in its self lol. They just stay to high in the air. I have the Mississippi Kite here at the house flying over all the time but again to high for a real good pic. I do have a good small video pic of one I found sitting on a power line down from the house years ago when I first started birding watch away from the own back yard. Have never found it there again to get a shot with the real camera lol. Is a little blurry since cupter blows it up and it is a very small file pic

Thumbnail by DonnaB

Great expression!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

The peregrine falcons live in Harrisburg, Pa. on the ledges of buildings. We have a resident pair. They are photographed each year, with the success of their nest and fledglings and shown on our local TV channel. I think its geat that locals value their little birds.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

DonnaB, thanks for posting the great pictures. I think the Kestrels are such beautiful little hawks. I have a nest up for them but have only seen starlings set on top. I do hope to finally entice a pair to live in the nest. thanks for posting the neat photos. Donna

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Great pictures Donna. Looks like a great place to visit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.