Wannabe a chicken (egg) raiser need advise

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I have really enjoyed all the threads on this forum. I have a measly 1/2 acre in the country-like suburbs of San Antonio. My Kids named it "Dirtland", and I am the "Queen" LOL. I really want to get 3 or 4 chickens and do the chicken Tractor thing to improve this clay soil, and benefit with eggs too. I have read several books and information on line, and the local feed store said they would be getting 3 different types of chicks the end of Jan. Now what I really need is information and help designing the tractor to be the whole home for my birds. I Think I would be able to build the pen part with PVC pipe and wire, but how and what would I connect to it to coop the chicks? I have looked at every picture on the internet for chicken coops and tractors, But the ones made of wood are too advanced for me. If any of you have suggestions, or can point me in a new direction, I really thank you in advance. Ponview, I saw in one place that you have chicken tractors, so you may be my best hope. Thanks again, SEEYA, Margie aka Queen of Dirtland.

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!