Birthday Club???

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

Is there a birthday club on this forum?? I participate in one on another garden site and it is so much fun. The one that I am in is easy. Basically you send an e-card, snail mail or small gift to someone on their bday. You are not obligated to do so but it is nice to open up your messages or mailbox and see that someone around the world is thinking about you. If there is not one already, I would be more than willing to host one. Let me know and have a wonderful day.

great idea.......

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

So does this mean that one does not already exist?? If so then I am game to start one!
If anyone wants to join just email me. Include your name, address, birthday and email.
Each month I will email a list out and it will contain your info.
You are not obligated to send anything, this is just for fun and what we call a Random Act Of Kindness. If you feel like sending a birthday wish all you have to do is pick a name off of the list and send them a email, e-card, snail mail, or small gift. It is just to show someone how special they are on their birthday!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Sheran gave me a great idea! When you send me all of your info, go ahead and send me a list of seeds that you are looking for. I will include it with your info when I send our the emails each month. That way you might open your mail and find an extra special birthday surprise!

This message was edited Jan 21, 2005 5:01 PM

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

The list is growing. Come on now...don't be shy...it is just a birthday club! Hope to hear from you soon!

Here is the list so far:
Kauai17
Sheran
2pugdogs
greenthumber
mns2lv4ever
grovespirit
momcat
brandnewgirl133
JoSnoop
BriarRose74
vwetzel
Zarebeth
thripmaster
buns
tmbolin
tombaak
djm906
pins2006
bluekat76
minischnuz
georgiagarden3
gwendalou
sassy_pumpkins
sannajane
TN-sunshine
jjayroe
tajmagic
lisamr
9kittymom

This message was edited Dec 29, 2005 3:03 PM

Willits, CA(Zone 8a)

I would love to join in....sign me up!

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Sounds good to me, sign me up..

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

Please sign me up
thankyou carol

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Sounds neat - please sign me up! Thanks for suggesting it. (e-mail coming in a couple minutes....)

Shannon

Myrtle Beach, SC(Zone 8a)

KEWEL! ... add me to the club ... U Have Mail!

Here is a "DG Pals Valentine's Day" wallpaper for everyone to enjoy!

Thumbnail by TexasJewel
Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

me too...... 4 da Bday Club.....:0)

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Count me in!!! ;)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Add Me

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

Yea the club is growing, be sure and tell your friends, the more the merrier.

Cary, NC(Zone 7a)

Count me in...

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sounds like fun. I'm in too.

Shirley

New Hyde Park, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm in I would love to make someone feel good

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Me tewe!

~* Robin

Richland Center, WI(Zone 4a)

I would love to participate.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Sign me up, too, please.
Deb

Thanks ladies for the feb birthday cards, sentiments and suprises in the mail.

a big thanks to kauai for setting up this birthday club...

and the birthday wishes keep on coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh yeah, glad everyone is having fun with this.

Got my Feb's out late so keep checking your mail.

Denise

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I have one going to California today. I know it won't get there in time, but Happy Belated Birthday.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I have been completely remiss...have already forgotten Jan and Feb birthdays. Happy Belated, Becky! Happy Birthday, Sheran, and Happy Birthday for Sunday, Iris! I hope you all have (or had) a wonderful day, and a great year to come.

I'll come out of the woodwork as often as I can. So just to be fair, please feel free to forget mine when it comes around! :-) I will understand, truly... Life gets crazy sometimes.

Hope everyone's having a great day,
Shannon

oh thanks nature walker and kauai for yet more birthday goodies..........

and please kauai make sure I have a list of birthdates of others.. dont think in the move I got it...

Box Springs, GA

Can people still sign up for this?If so,I would love to:)

Ellijay, GA

add me in. THis sounds wonderful !!!

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top and let you ladies know that there are no March birthdays. Do have one next month though, YEAH! I will try and get the info out within the next 2 weeks. I have had family living with me for 3 months now and they are finally moving out his weekend. Can you hear the excitement? Just didn't want y'all to think that I forgot you!! Have a great week, Kim

Fredericton, NB(Zone 5a)

I'd love to play, sounds like fun.
Jo

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Me too!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone,

I'd speculated privately to Kim a little while back that I may have to leave the birthday club, and she warmly encouraged me to sleep on it and see how it goes. Thanks, Kim - I do appreciate it! Even though it's very flexible like you said, I've decided that I just can't in good conscience stay when I know darn well I'll end up forgetting birthdays (like all the ones so far this year!), or simply not having time to do anything about them. My poor brain is overtaxed these days and can't be trusted to remember much, and simplification seems to be my key to survival at this point. :-)

Please know that I sincerely wish everyone here the happiest of birthdays when yours comes around, and best wishes for the year to come. I hope you all continue to have a lot of fun with this, and I'll watch and send warm birthday vibes from afar.

Happy Birthday Hugs,
Shannon

Hi everyone, I just wanted to stop by and say thank you to everyone for the beautiful gifts. It is amazing how a few seeds can cheer someone up.

Thank you

Denise

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

This sounds great!!! Can you add me in too? E-mail forthcoming. Thanks so much from the new girl (April 9th joined + April 11th became paying member)!!! Have you made a provision for modifying want lists? I will hopefully have to amend my list because I am looking forward to getting lots of goodies between now and January.
Suzi :)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Did someone have a birthday that I wasn't let know about? I am sorry if I missed someone.

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

Makshi... I have never received an email from you with your information. As soon as I get an email from you with your RL name, address, birthday, and wish list then you will be added. Thanks, Kim

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

BriarRose, Welcome! I'm also in PA and I'm just oh-so curious...where is Moon Twnship?

Jenn

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

My son used to live in Moon Township! Just outside Pittsburg.

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Such an interesting name....!

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks! Glad we are here! Love it! Settled on best I could afford. Only 50x150 in land instead of the acres I really want. It's my first home ever; bought late 2002! Got most of the fruit in. This year's fruit is enroute (Gala, Pink Lady and white nectarine) now, I am sooooo excited!! Trying to start on the rest of the yard. Glad I found Dave's Gardens; enjoying talking with everyone! Have fun and best wishes everyone! ~ Suzi :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.