Warm Weather = Spring Fever

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Our weather has been GLORIOUS for the last week or so- temps in high 60's. It was 70 today!!!
I have been working in my gardens doing all sorts of things- hope I haven't jumped the gun on a few things though.

I have moved several roses and bulbs. I dug up my entire canna bed, divided them and re-planted some of them. I normally leave them in the ground all winter but they were too crowded and the weather was too tempting! I hope that the ones in storage don't rot before Spring. If I had a prepped bed to put them in, I'd plant them now.

Last week I decimated my Climbing Blaze rose- someone hide the pruners- PLEASE!!
It has never been pruned in 3 years and was too crowded at the bottom- no light. I really opened it up this time though!

I know the weather will get cold again soon but I sure am going to enjoy this while it lasts.

Dear Lord, please let my back hold out til it gets cold again.

Anyone else experiencing unseasonably warm temps??

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!