Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Interesting read
http://www.motherearthnews.com/arc/5102/

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Intersting story-theory, Thanks!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,I thought so too!

Frankly, I'm surprised the GH owners/growers haven't been all over this data.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

You know I was thinking the same thing,I have a shade cloth deck,the shade cloth has been on there 8 yrs or more,needs replacing,not ripped or anything but was only quarranteed for 5 yrs,I was thinking about the blue panels at homedepot of polycarbonate,wondering what shade of blue,or if it even makes a different. I use my shade deck for hardening off my tropicals ,wondring if the blue panels will work for the same purpose as well.

As a shade cloth substitute, I'm not sure since they say only every 8th panel. The blue polycarb as a shade cover might turn out to just be a solar gain situation.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well my deck is 16x28,and I keep my houseplants out there during the summer,also a 6x8 deck pond,after I harden off my tropicals and get them planted in the ground,I bring out my houseplants for summer vaction,I could go
with 3 blue panels the rest the white panels. The shade cloth was 50/50 shading
but was probably lot less over the years of wear .
It might take the clear panels along with the blue panels before you really get the effect there talking about .All one color might be,just a shade effect, something to think about anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.