Standard dwarf bearded iris?

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Would anyone have photos of these? Byword, Doll Dear, Jared, Jolly Fellow, Little Amigo, Oliver, Secret Garden, Stockholm, Sunbrella, Toe Dancer and Toy?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Gosh I looked on Google for quite awhile and found none of them.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks langbr, I did too! I bought all these years ago and I was hoping someone had photos. I appreciate your trying!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I don't have pics of any of them, but I can tell you that there is no iris registered with the AIS as 'Toe Dancer'.

Laurie

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Yeah...all I could find was a greyhound race dog named that! ROFL!!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I went to Dogpile.com and found your Stockholm. Don't know if ther eis a pic or not.

http://www.rbg.ca/pages/pspernik.html

Gotta scroll down almost to the bottom of the page to find the listing.

Iris 'STOCKHOLM', (STOCKHOLM STANDARD DWARF BEARDED IRIS), HT: 25-38 cm SUN, FLOWERS - yellow/violet blue, late May ($5)

I ried Secret Garden and didn't find anything and tried Little Amigo. There is an Amigo registered .Just not sure if the same one as yours. I didn't try the other names but you might goto dogpile search engines and try.

Ella

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

If all you want are the registered descriptions (no pictures), you can download the older AIS Check Lists for free from the AIS Iris Register website at:

http://www.irisregister.com/

The three downloadable CLs (at the bottom of the page linked above) should contain all or most of the the registration listings for your SDBs.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks everyone! I was hoping for photos as I have all these and wanted to match the them up! I bought all of them back in 1991 at the Maine Iris Soc. sale. They have bloomed over the years and I have the list, but the markers have disappeared. I wanted to put names to plants again! I'll keep looking, thanks again for all your help!
Bonnie

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

ACK-- I have a ton of SDB iris, but none of the ones that you list!

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

I think they must be pretty old. The other 2 on my list were Ice Chalet and Ritz. I found pictures of them. I found 8 of the 13 on database, but only 2 photos.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Well I did find the years on all these iris at www.gardeneureka.com, but still no photos.
Byword 1975, Doll Dear 1979, Ice Chalet 1881, Jared 1980, Jolly Fellow 1972, Little Amigo 1979, Oliver 1971, Ritz 1968, Secret Garden 1974, Stockholm1971, Sunbrella 1981, Toe Dance 1973 and Toy 1982. You were right laurief it wasn't Toe Dancer. It was Toe Dance.
Thanks again for your help everyone.
Bonnie

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Bonnie, if you download the free Check Lists at the iris register website I linked in my earlier response, you'll have not only their years, but their hybridizers, classes, heights, bloom periods, flower descriptions, and more.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks Laurie! It took forever to just get the years. There's no way to just pick the ones you want. You have to scroll from A to Z! Never realized how many there are!!

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Laurie, The site says " some files can harm your computer"! Do I open or save to my computer?
Thanks!

Also which list do I choose Newest?

This message was edited Jan 6, 2005 8:42 AM

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Bonnie, if there's a chance the files may damage your computer, you should think twice about downloading them. I sure don't want to be responsible for a system crash on your machine! I have downloaded them myself, and they are huge database files. I'd be particularly cautious if you're working on an older machine that tends to crash a lot. If you do decide to download the free Check Lists, according to the dates you've already identified for your irises, it looks like you'd need the '69, '79, and '89 CLs to access all the relevant registration data.

A much easier solution would be to simply subscribe to the iris register website using the instructions on the site. Annual subscriptions are cheap, and they get cheaper if you subscribe for longer periods. The online databases are fully searchable. All you have to do is type in the name of the cultivar you're looking for, and it'll return the full registration data to you.

Laurie

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks Laurie,
I downloaded to cd before opening so I could virus scan, but it just tells me after that the compressed zipper folder is invalid or corrupted. Then I tried to save to computer so I could scan. It downloaded all, then said the same. Guess I'll delete files. I'll check out the AIS subscription.
Thanks again!
Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.