Need your recommendations for an expert

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Who would be your top pick for another organic gardening expert to join our forums? Or, who would you most like to be able to ask your toughest organic questions?

The criteria is:

1) Please nominate just one name, along with any contact info you can locate;
2) It should be someone who is not currently a member here;
3) This person should be a familiar name in organic circles (business owner, writer, renowned gardener, radio show host, etc.)
4) Since this person would be a regular participant in our forums, their availability/willingness to participate and their personality (no overblown egos, please!) should also be taken into consideration.

Winchester, VA(Zone 6b)

Only living person that comes to mind is Mike McGrath

He used to be the editor of Organic Gardening back when it was worth reading.
He is apparently doing a radio show about gardening now. Wish I got that radio station.

http://www.whyy.org/91FM/ybyg/about.html

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

I vote for Mike too! I didn't know about his radio show. You can get a lot of radio stations on the internet... Might be worth checking into.
Cindy

Safety Harbor, FL(Zone 9b)

Yeah, I subscribed to OG when Mike was at the helm. Too sad he left...as did my subscription, soon after. I really liked that mag.

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Another person who comes to mind is Elliot Coleman.

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

Terry,
I would like to nominate Mr. Dick Chamberlain as an expert. Mr. Chamberlain is the president of Harris Seeds, which provides Organic & Untreated Seeds. They are certified organic by the USDA and NOFA-NY. I have purchased seeds from Harris Seeds and I was very satisfied. Harris Seeds has been in business for 125 years, so they must know something. I have no idea what his credentials are or whether he is willing to do this, but I think very highly of him and I would like to introduce him in this nomination.

Contact info:

Dick Chamberlain
Harris Seeds
Rochester, NY
Phone (585) 295-3600
Fax (585) 295-3609
gardeners@harrisseeds.com

Thanks for asking for our input!
Cindy Lou

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

It would be wonderful to have Mike McGrath here at Dave's Garden.

Pennsauken, NJ(Zone 6b)

Only one I could recommend is Mike McGrath, but that's only because I don't have personal knowledge of anyone else.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Another for Eliot Coleman.

Winchester, VA(Zone 6b)

unless we of course could nominate those who are not living - wouldn't that be GREAT!

I. R. Rodale would be my first pick

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.