Need your recommendations for an expert

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Outside of our peony experts here, who would be your top pick for another peony expert to join our forums? Or, who would you most like to be able to ask your toughest peony questions?

The criteria is:

1) Please nominate just one name, along with any contact info you can locate;
2) It should be someone who is not currently a member here;
3) This person should be a familiar name in peony circles (hybridizer, grower, or collector)
4) Since this person would be a regular participant in our forums, their availability/willingness to participate and their personality (no overblown egos, please!) should also be taken into consideration.

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

hi Terry - 6 weeks later- is this still an active question?? I have had very nice communications in the past with Don Hollingsworth of Hollingsworth Nursery in Maryville, Missouri. He has a nursery and is a breeder, has started some ITOH hybrids like Garden Treasure that everyone covets as well as lots of gardenworthy herbacious peonies... but he just seems like such a friendly and helpful person. His catlog is so homey and full of information-It's quite possible he has no time for such a thing, but he might consider, or would maybe suggest someone he knows who has that level of knowledge...anyway- I didn't want the question to be dropped..sjms

This message was edited Feb 11, 2005 9:06 AM

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I don't know of any peony expert. I've only bought peonies from Walmart and other retail shops, along with a few online buys. I think it would be wonderful to have an expert in our forum to help us along :)

sjms, I'd be happy to put his name on my list of potential invitees for a later date ;o) Thanks!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

HI, Terry, um, I kinda got a friend of mine to wander in and join Dave's Garden. His name on here and GW is Calistoga. He's pretty good with peony, he can get them to grow in his zone 9 California gardens.... I think he would be a valuable participant in any forum, but especially in the Peony one.

Diann
IA Z5a

Diann,
That's great - please let us know if we can do anything to help him feel welcome!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Terry, I think everyone will benefit by him being here. :)

Diann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.