Happy New Years everyone

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

May the next year be one of the best for each of you. Remember that this year is brand new. It has no memories of last year and hopefully we can all go into it with little baggage from last year that is unpleasant.

I went to the cafe' today and worked in the raised bed right in front of the cafe' as well as the large barrels in front of it and beside the swimming pool. She(one of the owners) had told me that she had bought 2 or 3 bags of tulip bulbs. I didn't know her husband had sent her back to get more because they were so inexpensive. There must have been 200-300 bulbs. After tilling the beds, I just broadcast the bulbs and pushed them into the soil then raked over them. The barrels are packed with crocus, tulip and daffodil bulbs now. We can plant annuals without doing anymore tilling. Then we went to the perennial bed and started planting tulips there. We quit about dusk and there were still about 60 bulbs left in the box unplanted.

Tomorrow I help a friend move. I'm praying for a break in the predicted weather. It is suppose to rain but we could use a dry day. If it does rain we have tarps and large sheets of heavy plastic as well as tie-downs & bunge cords to cover the bed of her brother's pick-up and keep the furniture dry. She is only moving about 14 miles so it shouldn't be a hard move. Most of the small stuff we can get into our van in about 6 trips I think.

GOD bless and keep each of you. By the way, lurkers please post so this forum doesn't go dead for lack of useage.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!