Questions about Ortho (or similiar products)

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm targeting mealybugs, what dilution do I use as a soil drench to treat the bugs on the roots? Do I do a soil drench? The directions I downloaded said to spray the leaves, how would this get the bug in the roots??

Why can't I use it inside? Is there any safe way to use it inside? Or do they make a like product for indoor use?

Thanks, I'd really appreciate any help b/c I've got to buy this stuff soon!

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

You are talking Orthene?
I use that stuff as according to label directions at 1 teaspoon per gallon and simply water the whole plant, soil and all/also use a type of spraying mechanism to get into nooks and crannies, if necessary.
I use it inside too, when nobody is around and with the greenhouse fan going full tilt. The reason for that is, it doesn't smell all that wonderful. But it works!

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I've been getting alot of names that sound similiar. I guess I got it confused with ortho when some one sent me a link for that: http://www.ortho.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=productGuide.productDetails&partnerId=100004&poeSiteId=10927&strCategoryId=23832&strProductId=101701&strAdditionalBrandId=&dsvs=0021716D-65BF-F00F-13C1-93A507EBFE56,x,x&CFID=6933445&CFTOKEN=40250960

Ruk, where do you order your Orthene from? Does it kill insects that feed off the plant during a duration of time?

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

I buy it in any of my local nurseries. It is a systemic, so it will protect the plant for a few weeks after treatment.
I believe I had sent the link...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.