Merry Christmas to all

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We had a family gathering with our oldest and youngest sons and their families yesterday afternoon and will have a second one with Shad's mom and sister tomorrow. Of course I made more food than we needed but there was a good variety so on one had any excuse for going without. It does seem that our boys don't eat much anymore tho. I remember when they ate like each meal was the last food they would ever get for a week. 13 month old Skyler loves cheeses so that tray was a bit hit with him. He tried several different kinds and liked all but the Pepper Jack. He also turned down the scalloped oysters but ate lots of bits of ham.

Our oldest son gave each of us a gift certificate to KMart(I see a magnolia tree being planted in the yard next spring), our youngest son and his wife and Skyler gave Jack a couple DVDs he wanted and I got a lovely cement planter that Holly thinks will love nice in one of the cement bird baths with some vine planted in it. Maybe Moss Rose. Neither is going to be toppled by anything less than a tornado.

We have been listening to Christian programs on the TV all afternoon and evening. Our oldest son is a good cook and made creamed sausage and biscuits for everyone this morning. I went back to bed until 11 when our daughter called from Richmond, VA to wish us a Merry Christmas. I guess I need to go to bed soon as Kris and the children will be here about 7-8 tomorrow morning for our tradional breakfast. Then we'll open gifts and sit around and eat away the morning. I think she has to leave about noon.

GOD bless and keep each and all of you.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!