I got it........best memories of Christmas, ever!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Our kids were nearing 7 and 8 for the Christmas best...........we were invited over to Van Isle, at Black Creek to stay with our friends in a semi-built log cabin. The snow was so deep that the kids and all of us constructed an Igloo, which we could all nicely fit inside and drink hot chocolate...they were just smitten with evrything.....clomping through the snow into the forest to chop down a tree and the deal was, to make decorations. We were driving, or should I say, my husband (from the Prairies), visiting friends all around Lake Robinson....what a riot! The vehicle we had was an old beater, a monstrous Oldsmobile...or the Mafia car as the kids called it.............It, being so heavy, literally skated around on the country roads........what fun..........we all loved that Christmas! Another favourite, I can recall, was in Maui, l982. We were with another family. I was Christmas Eve day, so Fred and I took in Happy Hour in Lahaina...we Drove around the port town and came across, I kid you not, a REAL Xmas tree, a FIR.............oh it smelled so good! Leaning up against a post, with a sign on it............the best kind....FREE!!!!! We somehow shoved it into our car and took off for Napili, where we were staying for a month...Surprised the kids, who were out diving and swimming with our friends....found a metal pot in our condo, snitched some rocks from the beach..stood the tree upright and waited for everyone...First one to enter, our son, gear in hand.........his eyes and nostrils opened wide?????????? you know the rest. I brought a little artificial tree from home..................after the intial surpise, I sent everyone down to the beach to find shells, seaweed, ????????? to decorate the tree.....talk about interesting......everything from shoelaces, jammy coat belts for garlands, paper creations, kitchen tools from the condo and Christmas wrapping made into bows, etc...........all in all, two wonderfulexperiences in our lives..........and today, the grand children are the decor of Christmas.......so true! E.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.