Tear in Greenhouse

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

My granddaughter fell into my portable greenhouse and the plastic ripped. I put duct tape on it, but it is not holding very well. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might use to repair the rip?

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

polypatch

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

yep...I keep that polypatch stuff on the premises. Have to!

Posie, for a quick (and cheaper fix) you can use Scotch packaging tape, putting it on from both sides of the plastic if possible. (Walmart sells it; I'd get the two inch width.) It won't last as long at the polypatch but will do the job. If needed you can always reapply it again later.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I used that scotch packaging tape as well on both sides, have someone help you though, it makes it easier, We had to do it in the middle of the day and dried the plastic off really good before hand. it worked great.

kathy

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks a million. Do I get polypatch at a hardware store?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

No, you'd have to get it from a company that sells g-house supplies. Do you remember where you bought your plastic? Bet they'd carry it.

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, everyone. The plastic came with my greenhouse, which came from Overstock.com. I have looked on the Internet and found some sources. Again, thanks a million.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.