Vine purgola?

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm not sure what vine this is but would'nt it be fun to do this in my own yard? This is my mother and Brother (God rest his soul) taken at the 'Blue Bird' glass factory grounds in Arkansas last summer. If you ever get to Arkansas you should visit this place, it's full of artisians work, glass - pottery - birding supplies, ect. Its a cool place. And you can watch the glass artisans working their magic all hours of the day.

Thumbnail by momof2d
Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very cool!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

At first, I thought that was my Mother-in-Law sitting there. I'm no good at naming things, but that vine looks like a heck of a grower.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Looks like maybe a grape vine........I'm not sure, I dont recall from last summer what the heck it was, we all had our pictures taken under it, and I believe I'll conjur somthing up this summer in our yard. Possibly a Honey Suckle, I like the way the Honey suckles trunk gets all twisted and contorted, and it grows rather quickly.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

They do grow fast. I cut mine back almost every year and every year it is bigger than the year before. Happy Holidays.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Brugie, I cut mine way back this fall, but I'm kinda sorry that I did, I also cut wayyyy back on the evergreens in front of our home, I'm not sure I'll do either so aggressivly next fall, I think the little birdies used both for winter cover. I hope they'll be Ok this winter.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Living out here in the country with pine and cedar trees all around, we have plenty of cover for them. It's the bird feed that I can't keep up with. LOL!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I hear ya! Me roo, I just discovered that If I buy the seed at Sams Club its much cheaper. I think it was $13.00 for 40 some odd Lbs.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I've been buying sunflower hearts (chips) and they run about $30 for 50 pounds. We have some big eaters here. All the different kinds of woodpeckers, finches, and other winter birds really seem hungry right now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.