Identify 'this'...

Spokane, WA

Hi Folks!!!

as i promised Darius, i am starting , with this thread, my plague of questions regarding the un-identifiable treasures that i run across whilst perusing the thrift-shops, garage and estate sales. i intend to use this thread much as the 'Nightowls' thread works, in that i want it to be ongoing, so-as to have a thread to post a pic n a description and let others take a crack at solving the 'mystery' of it. the only difference i would like is to keep it all on topic, as best can be done... that way it won't run on too much, and we can all be lookin at the purdy pictures... :D

since i'm starting this thread, i'm gonna go first... n if you guys are slow, i might be second n third too... lol

the following was used as a candle holder in a bathroom, as far as i can tell. meaning, it had a votive candle in it when i got it at an estate sale. it looks like a regular glass tumbler (princess pattern??) was used. i'm assuming its gilding on lead, as the base metal has that look. you can see it on the bottoms of the feet. there are no hallmarks or makers marks that i can find. it is 3 n 7/8 '' to the rim and 4 n 3/4 to the top of the cherub.

good luck.... lol

Thumbnail by SO1
This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!