HTML Gurus, he'p me!! Building a Website

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I have my own domain, which has nothing on it. I know some minor HTML, but I'm trying to upload it to my website and nothing is happening. I've been using Front Page 2000, and Netfirms is supposed to support it. But I get some error message that says notify web administrator. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.

So I downloaded an HTML editor. Now I'm pretty computer experienced, but I just sat and looked at this thing. I couldn't figure out at all how to get any text in it!

Somebody help me out. I want to build my website myself. I have a friend who could do it for me, but I want to know how myself so I can add to it and change it as I need to without bothering her. I need an easy to use, free downloadable HTML editor. Or I could use a different webhosting site if it's affordable (as in FREE) and has its own HTML editor built in. Anyone have any suggestions? I've had my domain for a month now, and it's just sitting there. What can I do?

NancyAnn

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!