HRT alternatives

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

A little background, I'm 36. Hysterectomy 12/03 due to stage 1A1 cancer, kept ovaries because of the risk of breast cancer if on HRT. Diagnosed with breast cancer in 4/04, lumpectomy and 6 weeks of radiation therapy. My oncologist put me on Tamoxifin, but i was only on that for 1 week. I just knew i was going to die from a blood clot...couldnt eat, couldnt sleep...against his medical judgement i stopped taking it. I'm a smoker, which of course increased my chances of blood clots. Crazy that i would give up a life saving medication just to be able to keep smoking.....grrrrrr.
Now, i'm finding that i am totally freaking out about still having my ovaries and i'm so afraid that i will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Talked to my doc yest and he agrees that having my ovaries removed would not be a bad idea...not that there is any indication that i would get ovarian cancer, but there is a link between ovarian and breast. There is no early detection for ovarian cancer, and i feel that my life was spared because of the testing for the other 2.
They can not put me on HRT because of breast cancer diagnosis. What i need are alternatives to HRT...herbs, vitamins, diet? I know that having my ovaries removed will put me in to early menopause.
Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Jen

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!