I Found the Tag on this

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Back in the dark recesses of my memory, I had posted a picture of my shade garden at the old house. Someone asked me what this plant was. I didn't know and I finally found the tag in my shade garden file.

It is Acalypha wilk 'Fire Dragon' Copperleaf

Maybe someone already answered the question, but that is probably further back in the dark recesses......

Now, anyone? Does this plant fall into the Begonia category?

Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh Molly i love that
give you my first born for a cutting of that . well I will throw in second born too >

LOL

Patty,

You tryin' to get rid of yer kids? heehee

Tell you what, a cutting is yours. I might even be able to give a root to go with it. You got room in the house?

Molly

you bet ! and got a green house for Christmas.
Bless you girl if your Louisiana iris do good the the ones we traded at KRU i send you some more in march ?

Patty,

I did like you said, I made a bog. I used a 5 gallon bucket. I set it behind the bird bath and the iris are growing. I put a horsetail in there too just for the heck of it.

I should have painted that bucket. "Kilz2" just isn't very attractive as garden art.

I'll get to the post office before 2:00 today and you should see it by Saturday.

Molly

Thank you girl and have a merry love filled Christmas

Tazzy,

Watch for your package on Saturday. I hope I didn't kill them.....ooops did I say them? ssshhhhh

Molly

No you use kiltz not kills LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Patty,
I have this gorgeous plant too - got it from Avant Gardens mail order. Here is the link, or look it up on Daves plant database and it will get you to the website for this nursery ( the only one out of hundreds that sells it):

http://www.avantgardensne.com/acawgo
Their pic is not great, but the plant is so much prettier!
Such a great plant, one of my favorites in my small amount of shade..:)
Jamie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.