Could you please...

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Post pictures of your potting benches. I would like to build one this winter for my GH. I think the best way to design one is to see everyone elses. Could you please say what you like and don't like about it. Thank you for taking the time to share. Merry Christmas,Joelle

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

i can't post a picture but a couple of years ago i bought a potting bench that you can put together from menard's. do they have one up where you're at or maybe they're on line? it only cost $25 . it had the slatted top so i bought a piece of plywood for the top as i use it for a work table in my kitchen. the whole thing was less than $30.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Thanks Nicksgrammy!

Acton, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's a page with some links on my website: http://h2othouse.com/html/pottingbenches.html

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Jozeeben- Thanks for the links I got some great ideas! Nice site you have.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

When I was flipping channels the other night a guy was building one in his garage and the neatest thing he did was to use one of those large plastic dog food containers (like the ones at pet stores for storing dog food) and turned it upside down braced it to the back of the table and had an instant automatic potting soil dispenser.

I am sure my description is not very good, but I will try to find a link to their web site and that paticular program so that it will make better sense.
A

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My hubby got a kit from one of the DIY stores that went under. It is all built out of 2x4s. When we remodelled the kitchen, he got the old cabinets and put plywood on top, so I took his bench. LOL It is not much to look at but it works. I will probably put it outside of my greenhouse since I don't want to waste space. It would be really easy to build. Let me know if you want a pic.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Thank you both! And yes I would love a photo- still have not built one. Joelle

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I found the link I was looking for and they have the whole thing from beginning to end posted.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/hi_storage/article/0,2037,DIY_13934_3553968,00.html

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Thank you, that looks really nice and tidy.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Alice, that is very pretty! I like the tool bin too. It looks fairly simply and straight forward as well.

As soon as I pull the 200 pots and containers off of my bench, I will get a picture for you. I lied too. I think it is covered with decking boards or 2x6.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.