TN & MS - Southwestern TN & Northernern MS - Get Ready!!!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Get ready cause here it comes...... lows in the teens expected on Tuesday!!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Yeah, even here across the TN mountains on the NC side our lows for the next week or more are in the teens, about 25-30 degrees less than the past several weeks.

Highs forecast in the mid to upper 40's.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2004 3:13 PM

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

I saw this morning that they are calling for a low of 12 next Tuesday!! I suppose I better go buy my princess dog a sweater as she says it is too cold (at 23 this morning) to go potty outside.

I don't mind the cold too much, as long as the sun shines. Today is cold, but we have the most beautiful blue sky.

Stay warm everyone!

We are supposed to get down to 12º Sunday night, with snow showers Sunday and Monday.

Better get a thick sweater, Nat!

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Heck, I'm thinking I need to back off on my estrogen so that my hot flashes can keep us warm.

Darius, I am hoping I can find a little wool coat that has velcro fasteners. Putting a traditional dog sweater on Gizmo would be like trying to put 10 pounds of sugar in a 5 pound bag. Ain't no way that dog will stand still for it. LOL

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

lol nathalyn, I can relate to what you just said..

Does anyone know what the weather will be like in Nashville this weekend? My friend and her husband have to make a quick trip up that way..they have to tow a car for their son that is stationed in KY. They will only go as far as Nashville. Any snow expected that way? They would like to know the driving conditions..

thanks!

Lisa, Saturday looks pretty good, hi/lo = 49º/31º but Sunday could be tricky. Snow showers, hi 32, Lo 4º... That's righjt. single digit low.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

yikes! I'll let them know, thanks darius!

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

I sure am glad that I dug up most of my marginal zone plants. I think that this is the year that many of them would have been killed.

It was 16 degrees here this morning and they are calling for even colder temps this weekend. Brrrrrr.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

justmelisa - tell them to use www.wunderground.com to get the long term forecast for Nashville. They can plan a route so that they can be on expressway for the complete trip and the big trucks basically keep them clear in case there is snow. On the other hand if it is a freezing rain, pretty much everything stands still. Normally Jan & Feb are when we have the worse weather as far as snow and freezing rain.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

They are already putting chemical on the bridges here...we get pretty much what N'ville does...just 3 or 4 hrs earlier.

The way I understand it, the 'wind chill'....(lisa, read 'heat index reversed') is supposed to be below zero and the actual air temps will hover in the low teens to single digits. This is for Sun and Mon nights.

Just tell them to be careful and stay on the main roads...they freeze last, like judy said because of the truck traffic. Watch exiting and entering the interstate and if they feel nervous....STOP. It should all be gone by Tues.

If they can make it from N'ville To Birmingham, chances are, the roads will be fine after that. It's about 2 hrs of interstate driving at normal speeds.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

we can't even begin to comprehend those temps ...

I called her and told her the news, she doesn't even know if she has that kind of clothing...lol.

thanks all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.