Siberian Supplier

St Peters Village, PA(Zone 6a)

I just discovered plantaholic.com which has lots and lots of unusual Sibs. They're not on watchdog.
Has anyone dealt with them? It says they send 5 fan divisions or better and all varieties are $6.
Is this too good to be true? Get my list ready now!!

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

I found a broken link on the site, so I e-mailed Barry Silver. He responded that the site is new, about 9 months old and he has only had about 5 random hits. Seems friendly, why not e-mail him and ask if he offers any guarantee.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Barry is basically a gardening enthusiast with a very nice collection who dabbles a bit in selling. His prices are exceptional (not including shipping, which is higher than most), esp. on the newer cultivars, but the sizes of his divisions are inconsistent. Two years ago when I first purchased from him, he sent amazingly generous divisions PLUS nice extras. Last year, the divisions were quite a bit smaller (approx. 3 fans) but still competitive with what you'd receive from most Sib growers.

Unfortunately, Barry tends to list a bunch of cvs he doesn't actually have enough of to sell, so if you want specific cvs, make sure you confirm availability with him before placing your order.

Laurie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.