My Christmas Bloomers

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I got these a a plant swap in Ft. Myers, was not expecting blooms so soon.

Thumbnail by ricfl

I'm not sure of the idendification of these cattleyas so if anyone has any clues, please let me know.

Thumbnail by ricfl
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

they are lovely, I have been looking at some on ebay, almost conviced to get a few different ones

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

They look great! P.S. Is the second catt growing in clay balls??

Thanks kareoke and CadpMicha, I've started collecting orchids last year. I usually buy then with no flower and wait patiently for the blooms.

CaptMicha...It is clay balls......I like them a lot, I think the orchids like em too.

Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

They're very nice. I can't help you with an id...there are so many cattleya hybrids. I bought a couple of bags of those clay balls but have only added a few to the mix when I'm repotting. Do you use 100% clay balls or mix something with them?

Sandy

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

One more Q about those clay pellets. Is your orchid in a special pot, like a pot with holes inside a solid pot or just one pot? I ask b/c the only info I could find about those clay pellets (forgot the actual name of them) is that they're used in hydroponics.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I have two small orchid starts in my little greenhouse, they are in reg. potting soil, I put one in orchid planting matteriel and it died.

Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

Do you know what kind they are kareoke? There aren't many orchids that can stand being planted in soil. Only the terrestrial type. What kind of mix was the orchid planting material?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.