Reasons for Christmas

Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

I know it all started with the birth of Jesus. A lot of heathen/pagan stuff got thrown in to push towards winter solstice. Getting up while it's dark to go to work can give anyone a rotten attitude. It's too bitter/sweet for me. Every year I REALLY don't want anything, and I REALLY want to buy the best gift for those I care about. DW is planning Christmas dinner for a few people who have no place else to go. Due to financial or matrimonial problems they are having temporary troubles. These are friends we have known for years. I've found that the best gift you could think of to get someone isn't 1/2 as good as you convincing that same someone how much you really care about them. Talk is cheap? Not when you mean it. Frank

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!