Tuesday, December 7

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning!
I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Kennesaw, Georgia. Plenty of time to visit, here in Daves Garden, this week.
DH is here for a week long class, and I was able to take off work and come with him.

We drove out on Sunday, took us about 14 - 15 hours. I got to see a bit of several states that I had never been in before. We were in Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, and now Georgia. It was a nice drive, a little too long, though. DH thought it should only take us about 11 hours, but the route that we took had us driving right through a lot of small towns.

We went through an area with a lot ot cotton, just before Memphis, Tenn. It looked like the cotton was still on the plants. Is that unusual for this time of year? I did notice that the fields were very wet [ it rained all the way here], could that be the reason the cotton was not harvested ?

I grew up in the city,but I guess I'm a real country girl now, 'cause the traffic here is quite intimidating. Kennesaw is pretty much part of Atlanta, which is HUGE. It is good to be able to be here with DH, but I can't wait to get back to my little piece of the Ozarks.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!