Winter arrived, Nov. 30

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello farmers, it's winter here. We have 4 inches of new snow and it is still comming down, supposed to snow tomorrow too. Yesterday I hauled a pickup load of last year's sheep barn cleanings (mostly looks like straw but has good things in it too) and spread it around on my new flower beds. I had hoped to finish the job today but I might be a day late and a dollar short on that one since it snowed all day. So, instead I went to town, got some good stuff at the Salvation Army thrift store, started Christmas shopping, had lunch at the Chinese restaurant with my husband, got the rear tires rotated to the front and bought two new tires for the Dodge pickup, bought groceries and came home to feed the animals and the people. It snowed all day in town too and the roads were icey. I LOVE 4 wheel drive! A semi truck was on it's side on the freeway near town when I came home so I took a side road and avoided the mess.

I still have a couple of things to do outside, there are 2 hoses to pick up and put in the garden shed, hopefully I will get that done in the break between storms when the temp is supposed to get waaaaaay up to 40 on Thrusday and Friday. I have a metal horse water tank with goldfish in it that has ice on the top and needs to be drained and have the fish removed to another smaller tank that I need to move into the greenhouse for the winter. It's down the hill from the greenhouse and should slide easily on the new snow, even comming uphill. The horses will get real excited about that and have an excuse to run around with heads and tails high in the air. An empty water tank in the upper pasture needs to be turned upside down since I don't plan to use it this winter. You know....... things I should have done a month ago!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow, count your blessings.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!