Collectible Antidotes

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Another DG member and I were chatting, and we thought it would be fun to have a thread with old antidotes that our parents or relatives used to say all the time. Here are a couple of my favorites.

My mom always sang loudly in church, and her sister sang loudly and way off key.
If of her brothers would tease her about her voice she would say she was gonna sing out loud in church because if God did not like her singing he would have given her a better voice. LOL I just loved to listen to my Aunt and her little sayings. Another one of her favorites to tell the teenage women in our family was; " Now remember honey, why would you buy a cow if you could get free milk?" LOL a lot of good that would do today.

I sure will be looking forward to some of yours.

Photo -My mom and her sisters. 1943

Thumbnail by MsMaati
This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!