I Want Faster Internet. DSL or High Speed???

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I have dial-up. Yeah, yeah, it's archaic, I know. I'm getting quite bored with it. I sell a lot on ebay and I need faster listings. It's such a chore to list and revise listings. And surfing the net is sooooo slow!

I'm on a tight budget, so cable is out right now. I can't afford $70 a month. I don't even have cable TV. I rarely watch tv anyway. I'd rather play on the pc.

So I'm looking at Netzero High Speed for $15 a month. I won't need any new equipment, can use my same old V 92 modem. But what's the difference between High Speed and DSL? I know with DSL, I'll have to install anew modem. And DSL is more expensive.

What is the best provider, the best deal, cheapest deal, most dependable connections? It's time to move me from a horse and buggy to modern-day transportation. Help me, please!

NancyAnn

This thread has 55 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!