Eclectic Collector - Bronzes

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

I guess I just can't stop collecting. I seem to gather things and then spend hours trying to figure out what, where and for what they were created.

One of the recent additions to my flea market searches are incense burners and small bronzes. I like look for ones from China and the ones that are from the Art Nuvo period.

Here is one that has stumped me as to its origin. It seems to be quite old as the patena is quite dark and thick. There are no markings on it except for scraping marks from a knife or hand tool on the bottom of the feet. You can see that the maker did not use electric tools to finish off the slag(or whatever they call it).

If anyone has seen a similar item or knows anything about this please post. Thanks

Thumbnail by MsMaati
This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!