question about tempature in green house

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

right now its 110 is this ok?we have vented it but still very hot inside.is this normal?any help is appricated.........thanks

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Are you running any exhaust fans,I think a shade cloth is also needed,110*
is very warm for this time of the year.Might even consider some foggers or misters to help bring the temperature down,mine is running 85* during daytime
and 65* nite time.

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

i cant go wetting anymore,cause my humidity level is very high,i cant see through the plastic cleary cause of the humidity.all i have in that section are tropicals,so do you think they will be ok?thanks

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

need more info.
like size of your greenhouse, cfm abilities of your fan, location of the vents.

with my larger houses I have shutters up in the peak of the house, otherwise fog/humidity hangs in the ceiling even when the fans are on.

dp

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Seems you must not have fresh air coming into your greenhouse,as your exhausting the old,if its that warm there outside,can you open your doors to allow fresh air.
Are you running fans 24/7,if not you need to be.
With all that humidity.I would be worried about ,fungus,mold and bacteria.
Air circulation is a must here,also helps the insect problem down somewhat.

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

i wasnt running any fans but i am now,and i do open the door,it has seemed to help,keeping the temp to around 80.do you think thats ok?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep 80* sounds just fine to me,right now I'm at 83* in mine with 2 inches of snow on the ground from lastnites snowfall.
I have 4, 12" fans running in mine,each located in a corner circulating to the center,almost every plant in the greenhouse you can see the leaves of the plants moving in the breeze.
I think your headed in the right direction now,good luck.
Don

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.