Greenhous Problems.... let's tell so others will be warned!!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Former Greehouse - MICE!!!!!!! Regardless of how much poison I used I still couldn't get rid of them. I swear I think they had a colony under the concrete slab. IF I had it to do over I would use "sound devices" plus poison and maybe a snake or two. I don't like snakes but they surely do beat having mice that destroyed the plants.

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

If you want to convice mice, skunks, possums to move else where, Mothballs or mothball crystals do the trick.

Skunks insisted on digging under the front porch for years. I didn't know they were skunks until I trapped the first one right by the front door. Bad bad bad mistake! I'll smell you the story later.

Two years later I had taken down the wire fence around the front bed and porch and there was digging again in the spring. Then discovered a female had moved in... with 10 babies. That's when Mom mentioned moth balls. I immediately went and purchased crystals and shoved some in the hole and scattered. The next night she moved the babies. I've scattered crystals along the base of the stoop and around the foundation of the house a couple times a year since then and have had no more homesteaders. It's also since then I haven't seen any field mice / voles outside or found any in the garage.

I got skunks and cats to leave a friends property as well. The cats were living under his trailer and the skunk had been living under his shed for years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.