Package to Poland

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I am sending a 'care" package to Poland to help a family in need - I will be enclosing seeds, coffee & tea, clothing, and a couple misc items. I have heard a couple negative things about the package getting through to its destination. Is there anything I should specify on the customs declaration to ensure that it arrives in good shape? I was told to state "Seeds for personal gardens only - no commercial value." Is this the appropriate declaration? Has anyone had any experience shipping to Poland? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanking all the good folks at DG in advance...
Julie

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Julie, a good friend is coming over Friday afternoon. He's been working in Poland on business and I'll ask him for tips.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much Darius - glad to see you back in the threads! How are you feeling? I am glad it is over... I always enjoy your posts on natural supplements. I am growing a patchouli plant right now - the plant from which they derive the perfume! You rub the leaves for that heavenly scent...
I appreciate any onfo about Poland... I really want to get this to arrive whole...

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Well - I have both posivite and negative info.

Postcards from Poland have arrived quite quickly and in a good condition, also letters - but I live quite close anyway..
I have a friend in Kielce whom I sent a letter once - it was a CD with some music. I put some nice stamps on the envelope and sent it. Some days later my friend sent me an email - the CD had arrived in their mailbox - with no envelope! So weird. The postman said he didn't take it, so someone probably stole the envelope from theil mailbox. A bit funny :9 Maybe the thief liked the colourful Finnish stamps, Heheh ;D

Anyway, just fill in the customs declaration and pack the things well, and it should arrive. Takes some more time from the US, maybe 8 to 15 days? Hope not that long. It takes about 3 to 10 days from Finland by air mail.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much for your detailed experiences... It seems like I should not worry all too much about it reaching these folks... Perhaps I have just heard some hype. This is a hard working family that could use something nice sent their way, so why not me? So much we take for granted! Thank you for your help...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.