New Kitchen Toy

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I had planned to build an island in my new apt. kitchen so I could have more working counterspace. 6 feet of counter space is NOT enough for this cook!

Anyway, I found this chrome baker's rack at the new Lowe's today for $78, complete with hardwood worktop. All the shelves are adjustable, it's very well-made, and went together easily. I could not have built an island with a decent top for that $$, plus this took almost no effort.

It's heavy enough that I had to unpack it in the truck and bring it inside piece by piece. It's only 3 feet wide instead of the 4 foot unit I might have built, but this actually gives me more room to walk around it in the kitchen. I got an elec cord to run to it, from behind the stove. I'll have to tape it down so I don't trip over it but it will be on the side where I seldom will walk anyway.

Thumbnail by darius
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!