Kansas City First Snow

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Here it is and whopper it's turning out to be. Measured 8-1/4" in my backyard when I awoke this morning.

Thumbnail by langbr
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow! Is that pretty! The storm's supposed to be headed this way, but the weathermen always promise, and we never seem to get even a fraction of what they predict. We're supposed to get an inch or so today.
Deb

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Yeah.....they predicted 2-4" for us but this is what we ended up with instead! lol Luckily our schools here were out anyways, but some of the other towns were to be in session today.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

wow, that is soooo pretty.
my yearning to see snow grows every year seeing all yalls pictures!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

So pretty! It reminds me of why I live here.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

What a lovely gift for Thanksgiving! :-)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hmmm all these pictures of snow are nice to look at, yours looks pretty cold, that's a lotta snow to get kapow. Hope you don't have to travel in it and are nice and warm for Thanksgiving. Bright sun and 49* at noon here in high desert Utah. ;-)

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I can't believe it is already all gone.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I've got a snowball left at the corner of the drive and front yard where we piled up all the snow from the driveway! LOL

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Weeds:

Reminds me of why I left Chicago in 1971. Gee what is that I spy? Oh, it's a daylily starting to bloom.
That Monarch is sure checking it out!
Jan...

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Me too Jan! I left Chicago in 1979 and never looked back!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Okay okay, but it's been a looooooooong time since we got hit with a hurricane. LOL

But when was the last time you released these on December 1?
Jan...

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5864387

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

That is a marvelous slide show, you did this? preserved th coccoons and kept them safe and then let them go today. Oh WOW

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

There is a thread over in the Butterflies & Hummers Forum on raising cats. It would be cool if you shared your link over there, too. :-)

Yes, I did it. I figure every cat I bring in has a better chance of surviving and reproducing than left in the wild with the birds and lizards here. Even in captivity, they don't all survive. Some die before pupating and others come out deformed. So far, I have released 9 adult monarchs that may have not made it otherwise.
Jan...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.