Sour Milk as a Beauty Treatment

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

When I was growing up my mom had a friend with a particlarly lovely skin [complexion] real peaches and cream..My mom mentioned to me one day that her friend used sour milk every night on her face before going to bed...well, this intrigued me so I started using myself, and sure enough before tooo long I had the same peaches and cream skin..
Well, over the years I would use it on and off, my skin always remained very pretty,and I got many compliments from friends and people about it..However, I did get very sick, lost a tremendous amount of weight, and got a sort of grey cast to my skin, so thought about the sour milk again just recently [ I use organic raw milk and it had gone ''off in the fridge]..The milk had separated into curds and whey so I used the curds [full cream]..and started using it again, so now my skin is back to the way it looked before and I am happy again.. I do not have any wrinkles, even tho' we are retired so I consider myself with mature skin, my girlfriends have always told me that I do not have any ''pores'' [ I do my skin is just tight] and my doc tells me that I have the skin of a 25 year old [ he was serious]...so that is what sour milk has done for me all these years... I want to mention there is very little odor, the milk was [smile] about 2 months old and was not opened until I started to use as a 'beauty' treatment.. [ I also freeze my milk until I need it being that it is raw].. You can do this with a cup of milk of course I just did not want to waste a quart !!

This thread has 178 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!