Sharry Baby

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Gee, am I ever glad to find an Orchid forum here!

I need serious help here. I found one for my Mom's Birthday while in Florida for $10, and it was huge! But I stupidly didn't get one for myself :( So...I find myself dreaming about this darn thing but can't find it (reasonably) there's only one on ebay right now for $16 + $8 shipping. Does anyone have a good source?

(Sometimes, I really worry about myself...)
Thanks!
Vi

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 6b)

Vi!

I may be able to help you. I am going to go to see my mom tomorrow I know the guy that orders orchids for the store near her, Home Depot. He usually has some of them. I will let you know tomorrow. If you have a HD near you that has a Greenhouse, and someone in charge that cares, you can usually find nice ones. check them out.

You can also Check out Chesterfield orchid Co.com. They Have NICE plants!

Here is where Home Depot gets some of their plants from.
http://www.suncoastorchids.com/catalog/i11.html

This link is to Sharry Baby, I used to have her, and she does smell like Chocolate!

Paul

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 6b)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/pphil1/5a272ea1.jpg[/IMG]

This is from my HD here. Most newer HD's do not have greenhouses.

The prices have gone up since I worked there. This 6" pot is now 29.95, used to be 19.95.

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 6b)

oops

Thumbnail by pphil1
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Rats, I knew there had to be a catch :(
Just can't spend that much on a plant I've got no experience with...

(Paul, you've GOT to remember what site you're on, lol!)

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Vi
Sharry Baby is fairly easy to grow. I got one on sale last march at a Lowes in Buford, GA. It bloomed in April and is in spike again. I do have it under fluorescent lights. I have killed off a lot of dendrobiums, but the Oncidium types seem to do well for me.
Becky

North Scituate, RI(Zone 6a)

SHARRY BABY is very easy to grow -- I have about 5 of them, and even very small plants will flower (maybe with only one spike at first).

I would check out suncoast orchids: I've bought from them, and they have very nice plants at reasonable prices (remember, even small plants will bloom).

- Kathleen (Zone 6, NW Rhode Island)

North Scituate, RI(Zone 6a)

By the way -- I bought ALL my SHARRY BABY orchids thru EBay and have been very happy with all of them. If you're patient, you'll be able to find a SHARRY BABY at a much lower price. None of the plants I bought cost more than about $12 (plus shipping).

- Kathleen (Zone 6, NW Rhode Island)

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks KD! If you remember who you got yours from, I'd like to watch for those vendors.

I guess I will have to be patient. Maybe there's not much on ebay due to the holiday right now. I checked our HD, Lowes and even Walmart, no luck :(

Redlands, CA(Zone 10a)

Try Trader Joe's if you have one close. They usually have them for ten or twelve dollars. Here's a shot for you.

Thumbnail by bagpypr
Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

I get all mine from Trader Joe's, they have great prices for them, and always in great condition!

Parkersburg, WV

Hey Gang,

Pertaining to Sharry Baby, you gotta check out - 1. Oak Hill Gardens website (www.oakhillgardens.com) 2. Odom's orchids in Florida and/or 3. Maui orchid nursery in Hawaii. Any of these places treat you well, send nice plants and know what they are doing.

Yes, the shipping and handling can be a bother, but Christmas is coming, so is New Years, then.....Valentine's Day.....see where I am going with this?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.