Nightowls twenty-four: C'mon in right through the door

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

This thread continues from Nightowls twenty-three: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/468855/

I've been hanging out with Howie and the Parentals today. Now the house is empty, my folks having gone home while Howie and his mom headed to Wal-Mart for some Christmas lights. Bellies are full, puppies are curled up on the furniture with me, and life is good. :) The turkey was *really* tender and delicious, and mom surprised us by bringing her apple/orange/cranberry relish and a German chocolate cake. Oh, my!

I just learned we're going into Columbus on Thanksgiving day this year, to my brother-in-law's place. That's fine with me -- more room, and we can say goodbye when we want. It was exhausting having a houseful of people last year, much as I love 'em. I don't know how people do that on a regular basis! I'm more of a small group kind of person.

Maria, I could picture you terrorizing that cat, LOL! I bet that was one surprised kitty, especially preoccuppied with a mouthful of squirrel. The squirrels in our yard are enormous this fall, thanks to our neighbor feeding them. They're fat and sleek....and slow. We have to be sure they have a head start when we let Sarah out in the back yard.

This thread has 171 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!