Oh shoot...where have I been?

GOD's Green Earth, United States(Zone 8b)

Buried in the brug forum, I guess. Hi everyone! I live in the Hill Country, north of San Antonio, and I'm thrilled that we have a Texas forum!!!

Thumbnail by Kaufmann
Modi'in, Israel

OOOOO, now those are purdy!

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Gretchen, I just discovered it myself too!....lol. Pretty blooms......

Thanks Pam -- I know how you and your Mama love the MG's....Lately I think I've been in a "brug vacuum" LOL!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Beautiful flowers!

At first glance, they looked like Christmas ornament balls, REALLY. I had to switch brain sides to see what that they were flowers. Look again, and see if you see what I see...

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Very nice, Gretchen. Do you have them growing on an arbor? I have been fighting them for two years because they cover everything up and try to take over my beds with their 30 foot runners. I wish I had property like you do to stick an arbor up somewhere that they couldn't run anywhere except through the grass! LOL

Tamara -- yes, they do kind of look like ornaments now that you mention it!

Terrie -- they're everywhere here too! That particular one is gowing up a free-standing cedar bird house that I bought a few years ago at a Boerne craft fair. I keep begging DH to help me build a couple of arbors -- we definitely have the room... Maybe someday!

Thank you both!
Gretchen

PS -- Terrie: did you ever receive the candy lily seeds?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Gretchen, you have mail.

Thanks, Terrie :)

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I think you two musta been lost if you didn't know there was a "Texas" forum..............geeze......
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I wondered where you guys were!

Broaddus, TX(Zone 8b)

FOR KAUFMANN
GOD'S GREEN EARTH
ZONE 8B

Your morning glory vine, with fresh rain drops, is so cool! I agree, so good to have a Texas thread.
Lets get busy and make it bigger and better.

I have Datura with large seed pods. Should I pull & dry them now or let them dry on Datura bush? Our 23 deg. temps have wilted Datura leaves. Don't want seed pods to be damaged by cold weather. I cover it with blanket each night.
Good to hear tips I can apply to my Zone 8B here in Southeast, TX
Cheers HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

Thank you and Happy New Year to you, too!!!

I answered your post in the Brug Forum... They should ripen on the bush. I just wonder if they're still viable after the freezing weather. The seeds are easy to come by. Just put a post over in the seed trading forum and I bet someone will have some to share... Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.