For all who have lost (deleted) files...

Milton, VT(Zone 4a)

I have seen several posts here of those that have lost or deleted files accidentally from their computer. Sometimes they choose not to use the recycle bin as a backup for deleting files. Bottom line is in Windows (PC) the files are never really deleted, unless you have chose, with some other program, to shred the files and make them unrecoverable. What happens when you delete a file is that it is renamed so that your computer does not see it. It tell the computer that the space that the file took up is now available for use by more files. And as long as no files choose to take that space, then the file is really still there and can be recovered.

With this in mind I have searched the internet and found a program called "Restoration" that is completely free with no spyware or adware attached that can recover lost files on either FAT or NTFS file systems (Win95 - WinXP). You can read about it here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html or download it directly now at: http://www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=106926

If you already have lost files and are hoping to restore them then I suggest you extract the files to a floppy disk and run the program "Restoration.exe" from there. But if you haven't any "lost" files you can extract the files to a folder on your hard drive without fear of overwriting files that you wish to restore, at which time you will be ready for when you do need to recover one.

Good Luck

P.S. I have no affiliation with the developer of this software and like the developer himself would disclaim, will bear no responsibility for problems associated with the use or misuse of the program. All I can say is that it works good for me.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2004 7:21 PM

Thumbnail by kayaker
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!