Green House

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have any thoughts on this green house, I thought the price was great but did not know how well it would hold up. I have seen this link before but could not find it so if anyone could help I would appreciate it...
http://store.yahoo.com/backyardcity/stargreen.html

Vickie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

thoughts-hmmmmmmm! For me I need something very sturdy-so i would most likely want a heavy duty frame.
The plastic top would need to stand alot of wind.

If you have a sheltered area i think it would work fine. Id go for the larger one.
My Gh is 12x16 and made out of replacement windows. For me it work -for now
You may want to check out other sites too!

just my thoughts!!!! nobody else was saying anything LOL

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Not sure. The picture is a little hard to tell what the covering is, looks like something the light won't get through.
Lots of interest in www.farmtek.com
They have a great selection & they look to be sturdy & well made.
Check back through this forum, there are a lot of people putting up greenhouses.
Bernie

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for your thoughts, I was trying to find a temp. solution to get me through the winter and hoping to get hubby to build a bigger one next spring..

Thanks again

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Looks like it is on sale right now.

It looks like a pretty good one for the price. I've had a similar one for about four years now. Although the zipper on the door is giving out, it is in good shape otherwise. 8' X 10' is a pretty good size if you don't have a lot to put in it. I actually started an amazing amount of seeds in mine.

Last year I got a more permanent green house, but one like this, [DH called it cheap peace, LOL] helped me survive the wait.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

thanks for the info. I don't have a lot of room so thought it would help with starting seeds and a few large plants I have, since I am just starting out and don't have alot yet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.