Cape Honeysuckle

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Boy! About time I have been waiting for this guy to bloom. It's a winter thing like my mums I guess.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
PNW, WA(Zone 8a)

Isn't that nice. Very pretty. Any chance of a shot of the whole plant? I'd love to see the overall effect.

Robin

It will be in about a week . This is the first of what's to come.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

if it ever seeds keep me in mind??? i have been on the hunt for these.

yes cape honeysuckles are fall bloomers. they root easily too if they touch the ground. so make sure it has plenty of space. Marie

Do you have a Home Depot or a Lowes nearby? They carry it.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Monterey is that red?? I have the dark orange. Want to swap rooted cuttings?? They root easy. I just started a couple.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Keep a machete handy. Lol. They are quite beautiful. But I will never have this plant again. I planted a cape fuschia instead so the machete will still get a workout. Will we never learn?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love mine and have it in hanging pot,it started blooming in August or September
Didn't know it rooted easy,I will have to try it
and mine is still blooming great in the GH

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

my home depot didnt have any and lowes is way to far to go too. i wonder if they have it online?? will have to che ck.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Mine blooms almost year round, isn't too agressive. The hummers love it.

Here's a close-up .

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Spring Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

Mine started another bloom cycle about two weeks ago. It goes through this about every three months. I trim it back somewhat in Feb-Mar. The leaders spread through the ground, so I have to keep it from taking over. I have a smaller one with a golden color further down the hill. I use to have a light lemon-colored one, but it expired. Apparently they aren't as vigorous.

-Ron-

Thumbnail by RWhiz
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

they look beautiful.

i went to everywhere i could and cant find one. even called long distance to Lowes and they didnt. they are so pretty. so will be enjoying pics till i find some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.