my greenhouse is going up yaaay

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

with the cost of covering it only cost me 450.00....it willl measure 20x24x9....i dont think thats bad at all.just wanted to share some of my excitement with you guys.we wont get to work on it until this weekend,but ill post some more pictures then,just in case anyone want to see it.

Thumbnail by lilcajunlady36
glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

another veiw.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

lil...what a nice big size! What are the supports made of? Is it a kit or do-it-yourselfer? Plus it looks like it doesn't need a foundation?! I am anxious to see your photos of it progressing!
Margie

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

ill ask my hubby i dont know.i do know that we had some 5.5 foot poles we had to drive in the ground till we only had 4 foot sticking out of the ground,then we put the top pieces into them(slide the in to the 5.5 foot poles0,then we are useing treated 4x4 on the ends and to put the door on.ill ask him though but hes at work so it will be tonight.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

How wonderful for you!!!! I want one!!!

Judy

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

oh and we have a very long pole that goes across the top in the middle of all the v shapes,lol.....i dont know how to explain this....lol

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Oops, I lied... I want 5 of them!!!

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

lol

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

wow...lilcajunlady, what a nice size.!!......we'll have to do some trades in the Spring.
Ric

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

i made a mistake it was only 350.00 with covering...they are 50 a pole ,and mine has 5 poles so that 250,and the covering was 113 with tax.so not bad for a 20x24x9,kind custom made but kinda a kit,lol......

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

oh ricfl,welcome to daves garden,yes we will have to do some more trading in the spring.....thanks for your commments on my green house,ill post more pictures as we work on it.

Carencro, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey Girlfriend....told you I would come and take a look at it after chatting with you. Nice! You'll need that size for all those cuttings you have starting! I may be getting one these real soon, as winter is fast approaching. See you tomorrow!!!

Grayse

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

LCL, tell me more. Are the poles custom made? can you get less than 20 wide? I would love to do a new one about 12 x 18 or so.

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

yes they are custom made.and you can get one that size.i dont know if he ships but i can call and ask him how much for the size you want and let you know.i had to buy the plastic covering seperatly i bought it from b&t nursery suppliers.let me know if you want me call him to see how much for what you want and if he ships.

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

forgot to post these.

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

try again

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

more done

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

almost done

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

i sectioned half off to heat for tenders,and dont heat the other half for others.

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

looks great....
I would however advise a cross bar/wind brace.
even if it's just a pole from the bottom corners to 4ft up the next pole.

sure helps with wind.

dp

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

thanks we will do that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.