Judy's Cure For The Blues!!!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Judy's cure for the blues!!!

I was outside working, tripped over a water hose, landed on my bottom, jarring my poor damaged rib and just started bawling. Too much stress will do that to a person.

Now if I had lived in any other part of this USA, I'm sure I would have gone to bed with a big bowl of ice cream like all those movies on TV want you to think, but we're tough out here in the country.

I got a package of pork chops out of the freezer, thawed those babies and commenced to start cooking. Dipped them in flour with lots of salt & pepper, popped them in a skillet full of hot grease and while they were cooking I sliced up a big batch of potatoes. When the chops were ready I tossed in the potatoes, fixed a pitcher of ice tea, took up the taters, piled it all on a big tray and asked Bob if he wanted to join me, I was going to sit and eat this greasy food with my fingers, til I felt better!!!

My attitude is better, but my stomach doesn't know what to think, it's been a long time since I drowned my sorrows in grease!!!

This thread has 38 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!