Monday, Nov. 15, 2004

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I took Jack back to Mason Eye Clinic in Columbia today. He has been complaining of a lot of pain during the day in the eye he had operated on 3 weeks ago.. The doctors removed one loose stitch and parts of another one that were loose and flopping around in his eye. That was causing a lot of scratching on the inside of that eyelid. A new med as also substituted for one he may have developed an allergic reaction to by this time.

On the way over to Columbia I noticed some chicken dropping on the dash of the van. I was of course not happy, but decided to not say anything to Jack to upset him. We got to the doctor, back into the van, and on to a store to get the artificial tears eye drops the doctor said we could use to ease the discomfort in his eye and back to the van. Jack started talking about a chicken in the van. I admitted to the droppings but he kept saying there was a chicken in the van. I finally turned around and looked and sure enough, my tamest little banty hen was in the back end of the van. When we started talking to her she moved up from the very back of the van to the middle seats where Jack was sitting and talked to us all the rest of the way home. She was really hungry when we got home and I took her out. She started eating grass immediately.

The neighbors brought us a nice big buck this morning. It had a perfect 10 point rack. One of the prettiest racks I've seen for a long time. This is the first for the season for us. My friend from Kirksville who just moved to LaMonte this past weekend is bringing her 15 year old son over soon to help me skin it and cut the meat from the bones, etc. I think this is his first time to do this kind of thing. Hopefully we'll start getting more soon. Shadoe will be here this weekend to help with any we get then. 2 over the weekend would be nice.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!